Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Village Baker

My brother and I decided to have lunch at The Village Baker at 1658 W 9000 S, West Jordan, UT. I used to work in the area and have been to the restaurant a few times before, but not in a very long while.

They serve gourmet specialty pizzas and enormous sandwiches; but first and foremost, the Village Baker is a bakery.





The Atmosphere 3/5







The space inside the bakery is very small and quaint. They have breads and spreads and other things for sale around the room. The only downside to this is there is no place to eat. There are two benches in the room for those waiting for their orders, but not a single table in or even outside the restaurant. This forced us to retreat to a nearby park to enjoy the meal. The day was so windy and hot that it made the entire experience less pleasant and uncomfortable.

The Service 3/5

I found the staff to be very pleasant, but even though it was well between the meal rush times of lunch and dinner, they all seemed busy. I was helped by a young woman with no name tag who suggested that I order the turkey cranberry sandwich. (A phenomenal selection, I might add. More on that later.) She quickly rang me up and set me on my way without further discussion. My sandwich was readied quickly, my name was announced, and we left.




The Food 5/5

I LOVE THIS SANDWICH!!! Wow, it was amazing. Nothing can be held against this bakery on the quality of their food. The turkey was moist and flavorful, the bread was warm and tasty. They even managed to get the perfect amount of cranberry sauce. I also found the portion to be exactly what I was looking for. 


Conclusion

The Village Baker is very good at what they do, but their business model doesn't allow them to provide the level of service a guest should expect from a restaurant. If you think of this as a takeout bakery that creates dishes of culinary genius, you'll have a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment