Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Los Garcia

My wife and I first stumbled across Los Garcia at 10643 S. 700 E.after a visit to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. We were immediately blown away by the service and have completely fallen in love with this little gem.

Decades ago, I used to come to this building with my friends when it was an old burger joint called Big B's. I fondly remember their dipped ice cream cones.That restaurant and several since suffered from the hidden stand-alone location and failed. I can't count how many businesses have tried to salvage it. I wouldn't have even ventured over that fateful afternoon if it wasn't for the Tookish part of me that my wife and my friend bring out.

The Atmosphere 3/5

This place is tiny with less than 10 tables. The prep area is fully exposed which creates an intimacy between the restaurant and its guests that most establishments are afraid of. Not much by way of decor either, but you'll find they don't need it. Every possible downside is made up for by...


The Service 10/5 (seriously)

This guy. --------------------------------------►

Meet Jose. He embodies every aspect of the word service. Our drinks were never empty and we had all the chips we could eat. He even makes comfortable conversation while you wait for the food. Speaking of...


























The Food 5/5



I have admittedly had better Mexican food, but not by much and certainly not at this price. Each entree was priced less than $10 and easily had me rolling on the floor with a fully satisfied stomach. You also have to try the horchata. I've had my fair share of cheap tasting horchata flavored drinks. This is the real deal.

Conclusion

In terms of service, price, and even quality of food, Los Garcia may actually be my favorite restaurant. There are a couple contenders for the title and I'll be happy to write about those too. 
THIS RESTAURANT NEEDS YOU! Try it out before it becomes another name on the list of dead eateries this location has killed. 









No comments:

Post a Comment