Wednesday, July 24, 2013

State Street Grill

I consider myself to be fairly adventurous in choosing where I eat. Every once in a while, I might lose a gamble. Such was the case today.

My wife and I found ourselves in American Fork where we have frequently passed by the State Street Grill at 656 N 2000 W. We were hungry and decided to give it a try. 

The Atmosphere 3/5 

There were a couple things that surprised me about the restaurant. 1. It was much smaller than it even looked. 2. It was packed with loyal customers. and 3. They are proud of their heritage. Apparently, the owners hail from the East Coast and bring (or at least attempt to bring) their favorite American flavors back to Utah. The regular guests all ordered fried cod and fish burgers. They claim to have "the smallest freezer in Utah" which I suppose means they serve only the freshest food. In my opinion of the end product, the effort is a little wasted.


The Service 2/5

They were happy to explain the culture of the joint (after noting that they didn't recognize us as repeat customers. Honestly, it felt like walking into a biker bar dressed in button down shirts and slacks.) and the different items on the menu. We were suggested the Boston burger and the "My Bleu Heaven" burger. We happily ordered them. 

The food seemed to take an eternity to be prepared. In fact, we were about to impatiently go ask about the wait time (which I almost never do) when we were finally served.

The Food 2/5

Is it the thought that counts? I mean, the idea behind these burgers was really great, but the execution left a lot to be desired. The freshness of the ingredients was completely negated after the burgers were burnt into blackness. I had a difficult time finding any bleu cheese in my burger at all. We couldn't even make it half way through all the food we ordered. 

Conclusion

 I would gladly make this food on my own. These two could be my favorite kind of burgers, but it would have to be done well which, unfortunately, was not what we found here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment