Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Teriyaki Boy


My car was in the shop getting worked on and I was left a hungry pedestrian in the Draper Peaks area. In a sea of chain restaurants and clothing stores, I found Teriyaki Boy, a recently opened Asian grill express located at 185 E 12300 S in Draper.

The Atmosphere 3/5

It could be because they're new or perhaps they're more focused on the food than anything, but they have all of one decoration in the entire restaurant: a single poster advertising their party platter. 

The Service 5/5

I was the only customer throughout my visit (which made taking these pictures rather awkward) and they rolled out the red carpet for me. I was walked through the menu and offered suggestions. Despite being an express grill, they have extremely fresh sushi, a large variety of Bento boxes, and here's the best part. Every single meal is made to order from scratch right in front of you. I had a great time. They weren't quite as fast as a quick service place like Panda, but I had no problem waiting.

The Food 5/5

I jumped into the Asian spirit of it all and ordered a melon-flavored Ramune. If you've never had one, they're fascinating. The plate I landed on was the Chicken and Beef which came heaped upon masterfully grilled vegetables and a giant serving of white rice. $9 and I was happily full and satisfied for the rest of the day. 

Conclusion

I can confidently recommend this little restaurant to anyone shopping in the area. The food was great and the service was wonderful. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANG IT!!! I was just going to post this. I guess I should have read this earlier.

    My thoughts then:

    Service and atmosphere I agree with. Food on the other hand: 3/5 I had the special of the day and was disappointed with the chicken. The veggies were flavorless and the teriyaki was cooked with the food so quickly it hardly had time to get into the meat.

    PS. They got bonus points for a clean restroom and a back door entrance which I didn't realize was the back until I got closer.

    ReplyDelete